Friday, June 14, 2013

30 Days Sewing Challenge Day 11 - 14

DYI MIMI G Regal Maxi (No Sash)

So people I feel like a fool, for the last few days I have been trying to post and my blog wouldn't load any of my post. I got a new laptop and it has windows 8 and I'm still trying to get acquainted with it. I still don't know what I'm doing, so all week I have been using an app to get to my blog and this is a NO NO. Well today I figured that out. I felt like I was letting myself down because I wasn't able to document my journey, I Know Silly ME......

Well this week I have been very busy with life because my son school called and stated that he was too sick to stay in school, my baby graduated from Pre K, friend came in from out of town, and because I was rushing to get my son to his Kindergarten orientation I foolishly locked my keys in my car with the car running. Needless to say I have been emotionally drained all week. So now it's Friday and I'm back on my sewing game.

On Day 11 my son got sick at school and I had to go pick him up an hour after I dropped him off. I made him an appointment for 7 pm that evening and took this time to get my sewing completed. I cut out my fabric and started sewing up the below skirt. I completed this using  MIMI G tutorial the same as I did with the Day 9 outfit. The only thing I did differently was cut it knee length and didn't add the sash. However I think I will make one, I have a little bit of fabric left over. I believe that the fabric is a rayon with a little stretch, I picked this up locally from  Haberman Fabric in the $4.98 a yard bin, I used 2 yards. It took me a little over 4 hours to complete, that included me talking on the phone and tending to my sick baby. I also had to stop and take him to his appointment at 7 and then came back to finish the hem. I chose to do a wider hem then I would usually like 1", I like how it came out. The zipper went in like a charm but I did have to take a few stiches out of the waistband and redo because the zipper didn't go up and down as smooth as I would have liked. The invisible pockets are my favorite and I'm glad I learned this technique. I can't wait to wear this longer than a few hours.



As I said since the start of this challenge I wanted to make my outfit for my sons graduation and I made 3. The Coral Maxi, Sea Foam Green Infinity, and the below project.


 
 



 
 





 
 
 

 
Tomorrow Goal: MIMI G T Shirt Maxi
 
 

No comments: