Thursday, June 6, 2013

30 day challenge day 6 of 30

DIY Infinity Dress FAIL


SOOOOOOOO a few months back I made an infinity dress and it was a fail. I guess I should have did some research before starting the challenge (sew your own wardrobe) to sew the infinity dress. I'm not sure of the name of the fabric but it has that slinky stretch to it, its also very heavy. After the Infinity was complete and I tried some of the styles I noticed that it was too heavy and most of the styles look homemade......back to the drawing board. I wanted to make a jumpsuit out of the material but wasn't confident enough in making pants, I now wish I would have tried it.




I first made a top with a peplum at the bottom using a tank top as a pattern. I used one of the long wrap portion to make the top. I used the same seam I had already stitched for the dress, cut out the sleeves (two big squares) and peplum and stitched it all back up. When I was done I notice that it was extra long. It now can be worn for Day or Night







I then took the dress portion added elastic to the top, took it in 2 more inches and now I have a maxi. I never cut the bottom when I made the infinity so I didn't loose any length. I styled it whit my favorite DIY OBI belt.








I don't know what I will work on tomorrow but I only have a week to make an outfit for my preschooler  graduation. I'm going to spend the night washing up some fabric to sew up some outfits for next week. I have no clue as to what I should make so I better look at my patterns tonight for some ideas






No comments: