Tuesday, June 4, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 4 of 30 V1282

DIY V1282 Donna Karan Vogue Pattern

My goal for today was to work on two totally different  outfits that I plan on wearing to my sons graduation, however I came home and decided to sew up V1282 or shall I say finish it. I cut it out a month ago and sewed up the back seam a few days ago. I seen a few reviews and I agree this is a very easy pattern to sew. I haven't sewn off of a pattern in over 4 yrs and when I did sew with that pattern I had a lot of help. I'm not to sure of the sewing terminology sew  it took me longer than expected to read the patter.n. I'm still not very sure I did it correctly but its finished and looks great on.  I must agree that it is a little sexy (too sexy) for me so I did sew it up a little higher than what the pattern suggest. I need to redo the front because its a little off centered. Ill do that after I get off tomorrow. I also don't think I did the arm holes correctly because I pressed the life out of the this shirt and it still kinds of lay twisted around the arm area. I also added my self made pattern weights (pics below).

So with that said look at the pictures an tell me what you think...

Pattern Description: Loose-fitting, bias, pullover top has draped front neckline with weight, no side seams and stitched hem. Very close-fitting, below waist pull-on skirt has elastic waist with contrast facing, pleats, front extending to side back, no side seams and right side back slit. Self bias binding finishes hem.
 
Fabric Used: A two way stretched I picked up from my local fabric store for $4 a yard

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 18

Were the instructions easy to follow? I guess I really don't know its all foreign to me lol

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the fit on it
and how It hangs on me

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Other than what I did to the arm holes by mistake. No I tried to keep it the same

Would you sew it again? Yes, I plan to make it a few more times, may even try to sew it in a dress





 I added a dab of glue and placed each coin together sandwiched them between the clip and left it until I was done sewing. Worked great for me.




Tomorrows Goal: McCalls 6173

 

No comments: