Sunday, June 9, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 9 of 30

DIY Regal Maxi W/Sash (thanks MIMI G)

A few months ago I purchased a bundle tutorial from MIMI G and one of the tutorial was the Regal Maxi Skirt. I fell in love with this skirt and the way she put it together and I knew I had to recreate it. Within 24 hours of stumbling across her blog I purchased the bundle and stayed up way pass my bed time looking at the videos. Yup that right I was just looking and taking mental notes about how I would rock each and every one of the looks.

Took me almost a month to cut out the fabric and another month to sew it up. Last week I started sewing the skirt but with this being my first time adding a invisible zipper (with a regular zipper foot)it was a little wonky and I had planned on taking it out and doing it all over. However today I thought, "Ebony stop worrying about" I was ok with the zipper being a little off  and I would add a sash to cover it. At first I didn't want the sash just wanted a wide waistband for the look I was going for. After making it I'm so happy I jacked the zipper up because if not I would have never added the sash. I made it extra long which was good because I can wrap it around twice and cover up my silly zipper ;-).

I will be making this in many different lengths and colors. I chose not to hem the skirt at this time but will do it before this week is out.

I have added the link to MIMI G site and you can purchase the tutorial over there.












Tomorrow Goal: I wanted to make the same skirt just a shorter version the only thing is that I don't think I have enough fabric :-( I also have a meeting at work that usually don't end until 7pm so I may not be sewing anything tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What kind of fabric did you use?