Friday, June 7, 2013

30 Day Sewing Challenge day 7 of 30

DIY Infinity Dress

So as you know I talked about the FAILED infinity dress here. After totally screwing that up I decided to try it again. Stopped by Joanns to see if I could find something that was thin enough and the color that I loved. I put a forest green in my cart and thought that was going to be my choice. I strolled over to the Red Tag section and found the Sea-Foam Green fabric for $5 a yard. I wasn't sure if I was in love with it but it was cheaper than the forest green and much thinner. So I gritted my teeth and got 5 yards.

I used the same  tutorial that I used the first time. This blog is very helpful however I think when sewing the waistband I should have added a few more inches only because now I can't get it over this butt of mines. I have to pull it over my head every time, and that's a struggle. I am in love with the tutorial and chose it because I have large breast and not sure if I can go without a bra so with adding the tube top it makes me feel safe wearing it all day. After sewing it up I think I will do away with the tube top it looks a little bulky with it. When I sew it again I won't make the straps as long it kinda got in the way. I made the straps because I'm still thinking I'm 50lbs heavier. I went down in bra size and still very scared they are going to fall out lol.

I planned on wearing this to a friends wedding that will take place in Hawaii however I'm sure I want to wear it to my sons graduation. The only problem is that its going to rain that day :-( as I said in a previous post I was working on two outfits for that day so I guess I need to work on a 3rd now. Both dresses brush the ground even with my heels on and I don't want them to be muddy. I have a short dress that I have been thinking of making but I will have to wash the fabric ASAP.

I hand stitched the hem in the skirt because I was afraid of the puckering. I was told that I should get a walking foot and ladies I think I should this fabric look so nice but you can truly tell every stich that was made.

Please forgive the wrinkles I folded it up and planned on ironing it when my camera man got home but I forgot then when my friend stopped by I stole the chance to take as many pictures as I could.










Tomorrow Goal: regal maxi skirt

No comments: