Saturday, June 15, 2013

30 Day Sewing Challenge Day 15 of 30

DIY T Shirt Maxi MIMI G Style

Today is day 15 and my challenge is half way over. Even though I didn't sew every day I feel like I have truly accomplished a lot. I went from being unsure of finishing an outfit to completing some amazing pieces in a day. I have learned that I have to set goals and stick to them. Its no longer a must that I cut out weeks before the project starts (it does help) I have successfully cut out and sewed a complete outfit in 4 hours. I can truly do whatever goals I set as long as I stay focus. I want to be able to sit at my machine and create magic for myself to enjoy. Anyone who knows me know that I don't worry about if what I do is accepted by others so you know I don't mind rocking a unique item. On days that I look in the mirror and question my outfit is the days that I get more compliments than this big ole head of mines can take. Ok so enough of how happy I am that I joined this challenge......


A few months ago I purchased MIMI G T Shirt Maxi Tutorial in a bundle. I got 3 different styles in that bundle. After I got over my fear I taped together some paper and followed her direction on how to create my own pattern for this style. When I was done I cut out my fabric and stored it in a plastic Ziploc.

I sewed it all up and tried it on and I started laughing so hard I almost fell over. See my grandma had a ton of theses gowns she called momo (spell check) and this is what I looked like I had on. The gowns she had was a shiny material full of flowers and big all over. I still have one of hers and my boyfriend says two people can fit in that. Any way when I made the pattern and cut out the maxi I was 50 lbs heavier and I totally forgot this. I also did this with a skirt I made on this challenged and Its too big in the waist also. Silly Me!!! I had to take in 3" on both sides and still feel like I should take in a little bit more. I got frustrated with it and decided Ill try it on again tomorrow and see what becomes of it. If nothing else I can sleep in it lol. I really like to comfy material its a jersey knit and I can see myself running to the grocery store, post office or even spending a day at the park in it.

The below pics are after I took it in.







Tomorrow's Goals: I did want to make a short bodycon dress with long sleeves, however I may make a mermaid dress.

No comments: