Monday, June 3, 2013

30 Day Sewing Challenge Day 3 of 30

When I got home my guy surprised me with a new charm for my Pandora bracelet (a gift for my birthday this year). After figuring out where I wanted it to be place I realized that it now looked uneven so we ran to the jewelry store before it closed to get me another charm #spoiled.... spent way too much time in there and when I got home I had just enough time to finish a already tackled top :-(

A few month back I made an angle wing dress for a friends wedding and after deciding that it was too cold and nasty for me to wear the dress I also figured out that it was just way too big. The problem is I made a test one first out of some old and stained fabric I had and that was too tight so I adjusted the pattern ( well not really I used a tank top as a pattern) and made the second one too big. I took it in once and still didn't like the look on it so I decide to make a peplum.




The peplum was so nice and I was in love with it because of the fabric. Its a Ponte Roma that I picked up from Joanns. The proplem is that again this was too small because I used a tank top as my pattern and did'nt add enough seam allowance. As you can see the fat was sitting on top of my belt...YIKES...... I sent out a mass tex message and informed my friends that first person to tex back could have it for $5. I had enough material for one more peplum  so I made another one and sold that also. So I took one dress and made two tops that I don't even have the pleasure of wearing SAD SAD DAY


Any-who that 2nd  one I never finished it, because I never see that friend and knew she wouldn't bug me about it. So today with only an hour to spare I finished her hem.

Please excuse the pictures my son took a few and the the one on my double looks bad because the shirt is too small to fit lol so I tacked it down and took the picture.








Tomorrow goal: I have a pale green infinity dress that needs elastic and a hem, a coral maxi skirt that's waiting on a sash, and a blue infinity dress that needs to be made over. Don't know if I can tackle all however I will get to one.


No comments: