Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 day sewing challenge Recap day 2 of 30


DAY 2

Well today was such a busy day and I didn't get anything completed that I thought I would. My son had a basketball game at 8:45 am and another at 10:00 am 45 min or so away from our house so after we got back we all had to rush and get dressed for my cousin High School Graduation (we are so proud of your Jay) that started at 1 pm. It was a very small graduating class so it was over very quickly however my oldest son wanted to go back to his house for a small celebration. After asking my 5 year old a million times was he coming home with me, he finally decided to stay (only took an hour).....So when I get home out of my cloths and ready to sew the day was almost over. So I pulled out a dress that I should have finished for a client last week and started to work on it. She is going to be in a wedding next Sunday and they wanted to add a little to the all white dress. The dress came from KMart for $24 (great steal for a flower girl dress) I added a canary yellow sash and flowers to the dress along with making her a hair bow. I think that the dress was cute when the mom purchased it however I'm in love with the extra that I added to it. I will deliver the dress this week and can't wait to see the look on Joi face. Hand sewing is for the BIRDS. The sash I used my machine but the flowers made me used two bandages. I really enjoyed it after getting over the fear of messing it up. Put it down for a while to make sure the bleeding stopped and once I picked it up again I was all smiles.

BTW I never mentioned I HATE sewing for others. I know what I like and if I mess it up, don't get done in time or decide that I no longer want to sew I can walk away from my own projects. I feel like sewing for other becomes a job and takes away the joy that I have for sewing. It adds a lot of stress on me and I really don't need anymore. This project may be the turning point to me telling people NO I DON'T SEW lol

Most time's I complain and in the end step back and look at my work and think "why are you so fussy and it took you no time to complete"


Tomorrow I plan to finish some more unfinished projects such as the leggings, dress, skirt or shirt I have waiting to be completed. I also have 4 skirts for my God Daughter that have been waiting to be cut out for weeks and possibly a bow tie for my son preschool graduation on the 13th of June. Sew much to do in the month of JUNE!!!!

:)

No comments: