Wednesday, June 5, 2013

30 day Challenge Day 5 of 30

DIY M6173

So recently I lost 50 lbs and for what ever reason I can't get those numbers correct in my head. Mostly everything I make is too big and today is no different. I cut the pattern out a week or so ago and decided yesterday to sew it up today. Again my bright self wanted to change up the pattern and make the waistband wider like yoga pants. I cut a separate waistband 6 inch long. I read the direction to the pattern but didn't follow it, I did stitch it twice on every seam. After sewing the legging up I had to take them in about an inch and they still don't fit like I will like for them to fit. the legs was too long and the knees fit like a pair of jeans :-( the are very comfortable and easy to forget you are wearing pants. However I think that after a few hours in them they may become very loose and sag in all the wrong places.




 This is after taking in a few inches and chopping off all that extra fabric at the angle. These need a lot of work before I wear these, I'm setting them aside until I have completed the challenge unless I find some free time.



The good thing about this pattern is that I have a piece of fabric that I purchased a few months back that I would love to make a pair of skinnies with. I'm thinking because of the fit  this is the best pattern to make them. I just may sew up a muslin with it tomorrow to try to adjust the fit and see if this will work. The material has very little stretch to it. So wish me luck!

No comments: