Tuesday, July 2, 2013

30 Day Sewing Challenge Day 21 & 22 of 30

**OK OK OK  I know I'm late and its now July, but I haven't took photos of all the items that I have made during the challenge. I will try to get one of my camera men to take the pics this week.


Day 21 DYI NewLook 6130

Today I spent most of the day not wanting to sew, I finally decided to sit at the machine around 6 and spent the next few hours making the below peplem.

A few months back I seen this snake print fabric at Joanns and picked up a few yards. I'm usually not into prints but wanted to step out of my box. I didn't know what I was going to make but I washed it and set it aside until today. The fabric is some sort of stretchy raincoat type of fabric. I can get caught in the rain and not be mad lol. I didn't know how it would sew but to my surprise it sewed very well. I did view C with the sleeves from view A I want to get more wear out of it and knew that the sleeveless look would limit me. I made the belt with it but decided to rock my OBI belt to break up some of the print. It was a little over the top with the same printed belt. I seen a vlog that stated that the sleeves was very tight on her but mines was perfect. It may be because my fabric had a ton of stretch. I don't have many bottoms so I was limited to what  I would be able to wear with it. So I decided to make a pencil skirt.

This Pattern was a very easy pattern to understand and easy to sew up. I was able to get his finished in a few hours.




 
 








Day 22 DIY MIMI G Pencil Skirt

As you know I had purchased the pencil skirt tutorial from MIMI G. I got started on the skirt pattern just like MIMI G suggest however I didn't do the bottom hem like she said because I was fearful I wouldn't be able to walk. I now regret that, I wish it was tighter at the legs. I also didn't add the side pockets. However the skirt really worked for the look and I was complemented all day. I stayed up late today making this and will later fix some of my mistakes before wearing it again. I really love the way it turned out and can't wait to make a few more. I think the next color will be a white one. I have made two patterns, one with a seam allowance and this one without. I have a few patterns that don't have as much stretch and think I will need that extra room. I used a black ponte roma from Joanns.






FYI I purchased my pattern drafting paper from Home Depot in the paint section it cost 9.99
 

 

 
The items I used for the skirt pattern

 
My patterns are made and ready to cut

 
Had to cut with my rotary cutter this fabric wasn't friendly on my scissors


With the coupons and both zippers I paid under $25 for the whole outfit.

Tommarows Goal: To Rit Dye a few outfits and/or add some studs to a top I purchased a few months back.

No comments: